Feb. 12: 2017 REU Application Deadline Fast Approaching
The Whitney Laboratory Research Experience for Undergraduate program (REU), funded by the National Science Foundation, is an opportunity for motivated undergraduate students to participate in scientific research at Whitney Lab.
The deadline to apply for the 2017 program is February 12, 2017.
The 2017 program dates are May 31-August 8.
The program activities include:
- A research project mentored by experienced investigators
- A weekly seminar by Whitney Lab faculty and post docs
- Training in scientific communication (written and spoken) and scientific ethics
- A seminar and interview with a former Whitney REU student
- The REU Symposium – summer interns describe the results of their summer research in oral and poster presentations. The student with the best poster presentation is awarded an all expense paid trip to a national scientific meeting.