- The application deadline for the upcoming REU Summer 2014 Research Program is fast approaching. Click Here for details.
- Congrats to last summer's 4 REU trainees who applied & received NSF travel awards to attend the Jan SICB meeting. We have 5 undergrad REU students presenting data at the Society for Integrative & Comparative Biology Meeting in Austin. Great students, mentors and projects made it happen!
- Katelyn Ward, REU intern and UF Biological Engineering Senior, won the REU symposium poster competition for:
Iridescent sharks (pangasiadon hypothalamus) a model for aquatic robots
She won an all expense paid trip to the SICB conference in Austin. We wish all the REU’s the best in their next science journey!
- Whitney Lab secured an new NSF grant to increase our high speed bandwith connection with UF’s main campus and a new state of the art DNA sequencer to increase our capacity for marine genomics research.
- Congratulations to Otar Akanyeti, PhD Postdoctoral Associate in the Liao lab on his first JEB publication with Dr. Liao:
The effect of flow speed and body size on Kármán gait kinematics in rainbow trout
Otar Akanyeti and James C. Liao J Exp Biol 2013 216:3442-3449. First posted online June 4, 2013, doi:10.1242/jeb.087502
- Whitney Lab has a YouTube channel.
- Sydney McKenna lithographic prints available.