- Congratulations to Dr. James Liao who secured a highly competitive National Science Foundation award starting 7/1/13! The 3 year grant will support the Liao lab to explore the “Single neuron resolution of flow sensing in the Zebrafish lateral line during development” here at the Whitney Laboratory.
- Thank you to Trustee Marcella Matthaei for spearheading the Dorm Refresh 2013! Also thanks to Trustee Pat Hamilton for supporting the effort, as well as the lab refresh team: Jose, Adam and Alice for their hard work.
- Dr. Leonid Moroz and his lab’s research on the evolution of the comb jelly is featured in latest issue of ScienceNews! Click Here to read the article.
- Michael Layden, PhD won 1st place-oral presentation at UF’s First Annual Postdoctoral Research Symposium! Congrats to Michael, who focused on the sea anemone Nematostella vectensis, exploring its neural development & regeneration for his talk.
- Congrats to Whitney's Dirk Bucher, who received a new 5 year NIH grant! This highly competitive grant supports cutting edge research on neural coding.
- Please join us in welcoming our new Director Mark Martindale, PhD and his research team to the Whitney Lab!
- Please welcome Professor of Biology, Elaine Seaver, PhD and her research team to the Whitney Lab!
- Whitney Lab has a YouTube channel
- Sydney McKenna lithographic prints available