Volunteers Needed to Become Oyster Gardeners
The University of Florida’s Whitney Laboratory is seeking volunteers to become oyster gardeners as part of the lab’s oyster restoration initiative.
Gardeners will grow, maintain and record data on their oyster habitats for about one year, then return the oysters to the lab for use in restoration projects.
- Own a saltwater dock anywhere between St. Augustine and Palm Coast where oysters naturally grow
- Attend a short workshop to learn how to be an oyster gardener
- Commit to approximately 1-2 hours per week to monitor, maintain and record data
- Be able to lift 30 lbs
- Tuesday, August 23, 2016, 6-8 p.m.
- Saturday, September 10, 2016, 10 a.m.-12 p.m.
For more information and/or to sign up, contact Trish Reonas at email@example.com.