Special Event Rental
The Center for Marine Studies
Rental space is available at the Center for Marine Studies (CMS) on the campus of the Whitney Laboratory for Marine Bioscience. The center, which opened in March 2007, is situated on the campus of the Whitney Laboratory for Marine Bioscience on the beautiful eastern shore of the Intracoastal Waterway, south of St. Augustine, Florida. The 17,000-square-foot, two-story CMS building is an ideal venue for receptions, concerts, meetings, seminars and retreats, with breathtaking views on its north and west sides. A reception area, catering kitchen, classrooms and a 272-seat auditorium are available for rent. View rental rates.
On the first floor, the Lastinger Family Foundation Interactive Area, a reception hall, features a two-story atrium overlooking the beautiful Intracoastal Waterway.
Size: 48′ X 30′ (1440 sq. ft.)
The Lohman Auditorium holds 272 people and is equipped with state-of-the-art audio-visual equipment.
The Strickland Family Conference Room is perfect for small meetings, featuring audio-visual and teleconferencing capabilities.
The Marylou Whitney and John Hendrickson Biotechnology Lab, on the second floor, is a well-equipped teaching lab for upper level classes.
Size: 40′ X 32′ (1280 sq. ft.)
- The Jo Ann Lohman Volunteer Lounge offers a full kitchen available to a caterer.
- An upper-level classroom is equipped with an LCD projector and screen.
- The Newman Family Reading Room overlooks the reception area with views of the Intracoastal Waterway.
- Flagler County Tourist Development Council Community Education Laboratory, on the first floor, is mainly used for Whitney Lab’s education programs for children during the school year, but it is available when not in use.
- The CMS is equipped with locker and shower facilities.
- A reservation deposit equal to 25% of the rental fee is required at time of booking. The remainder of the rental fee is due the day of event.
- After the event, the leased area must be free and clear of debris and trash. Trash and recycling dumpsters are available behind the Administration Building.
- Should you require the use of a catering service and/or rental company for tables, chairs, linens etc., we will furnish a list of companies familiar with the Whitney Lab facilities.
For a list of nearby activities, attractions and restaurants, visit our Live & Work webpage.
For more information about special event rentals, please contact Alice Scarisbrick at (904) 461-4019 or email@example.com.