Dr. Ibarra-Castro Publishes Paper in Aquaculture
Published: Monday, February 1, 2021
Congratulations to Dr. Leonardo Ibarra-Castro who recently published a paper titled "Characterization of digestive enzymes during early ontogeny of white Snook (Centropomus viridis)" in Aquaculture.
- Alkaline digestive enzymes in C. viridis larvae are active since mouth opening.
- C. viridis digestive system is complete since day 23.
- Seven alkaline enzymes were identified as serine and metallo-proteases.
- Three lipases-like and esterases and at least two isoforms of amylases were found.
- C. viridis has a diverse enzymatic set, which is functional in a wide range of conditions.