Sea Turtle Hospital Celebrates World Sea Turtle Week
Published: Monday, June 8, 2020
The Sea Turtle Hospital at Whitney Laboratory celebrates Sea Turtle Week! We are so grateful for all the support you've given us and we hope you enjoy the next week starting with World Oceans Day on Monday and ending on World Sea Turtle Day next Tuesday. Join in on all the fun as we participate in daily themes on Facebook and Instagram to help raise awareness on the many challenges sea turtles face in the ocean today including a Sea Turtle Hospital Scavenger Hunt - details below!
Sea Turtle Hospital Scavenger Hunt
The rules are easy: take a photo after completing each of the 5 challenges, tag us on Facebook or Instagram, use the hashtag #SeaTurtleHospitalScavengerHunt and post! We're very much looking forward to seeing your conservation efforts and of course your creative sides. Now go out there and have some fun!
You can complete these in any order. Those who complete all 5 challenges will be entered into a raffle to win some merch from our Gift Shop! To be entered into the drawing to win the reusable tote and straw, you must complete each challenge and submit your photos by 5 p.m. Monday, June 15. Drawing will take place on Tuesday, June 16, World Sea Turtle Day.
Download the Sea Turtle Hospital Scavenger Hunt
Sea Turtle Week
- Monday, June 8 - World Oceans Day
- Tuesday, June 9 - Coastal Development and Recreation
- Wednesday, June 10 - Ocean Pollution: Facebook Live Sea Turtle "Edward" Spotlight
- Thursday, June 11 - Photo Scavenger Hunt: Copycat Challenge
- Friday, June 12 - Entanglement: Sea Turtle "Delta" Spotlight
- Saturday, June 13 - Color and Share: Sea Turtle Coloring Page
- Sunday, June 14 - Green Sea Turtle Day: Sea Turtle Spotlight
- Monday, June 15 - Plastic Pollution: Virtual Gift Shop Open!
- Tuesday, June 16 - World Sea Turtle Day: Facebook Live with Enrichment and Photo Scavenger Hunt Raffle!